Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I have a confession to make....

Today at work (almeda target), I was making a trip to the back to throw away my trash when an employee stopped me. Actually... It was more like a dramatic dive in front of me to get my attention. He's one of the many Target employees I have trained. They know better than to talk to me when I have my headphones on. (which is the majority of the time I am there) He got my attention and I took my headphones off to hear what he had to say.. Our conversation went something like this:

African American Target Associate: What were you listening to right before I stopped you?
Me The Greeting Card Chic: Umm... Ruthless by Something Corporate
African American Target Associate: Hmm... It sounded more like Spice Girls to me.
Me The Greeting Card Chic: Neat.. Sorry to dissappoint you, but it wasn't the Spice Girls
African American Target Associate: Oh I see... I see the games you are trying to play. Don't sweat it.
Me The Greeting Card Chic: O.... K, I'll try not to?
African American Target Associate: Why do girls always feel as if they have to lie for me to accept them? I'm not going to judge you by the music you listen to.
Me The Greeting Card Chic: Right.. I really have to get back to work and you have totally lost me.
African American Target Associate: AAIIGGHHT... That's tight, but just keep it real with me for now on. K, Shorty?
Me The Greeting Card Chic: Oh.

Once that was finally over, I put my headphones back on and finished jammin' "If you wanna be my lover".

This really makes we wonder how much of my music other people can hear. I do keep the volume pretty high, but I thought only I could hear what was coming out of the earphones.

Hmmm.... My music must sound really distorted to those around me. How in the hell do you get Spice Girls out of Something Corporate?

Anyway.... I definitely feel more comfortable now that I can be myself around the staff at Target. I think?

Well, before I am allowed to go to Daniels tonight, I must clean the living room and give Chloe a bath.

So Bye Bye for now

No comments: