Monday, January 23, 2006

I'm really popular. I'm lying.


So I just finished watching Napoleon Dynamite for the fifth time in a row. Its in my "top 10", it would be in my "top 5" if it wasn't in everyone elses. People ruin things.

Napoleon and I are much a like. Alot of people probably would say the same about themselves and Napoleon. Their reasoning would probably include something about their "true inner nerd". Fair enough, being a nerd is the second best thing to be besides yourself. But I can't help but think about the majority of females in my grade (when I attended school) and what they think about the movie Napoleon Dynamite. Most of them would claim to be a "secret Napoleon". I would have to disagree.

Maybe I'm just selfish.

But they're not even close to resembling Napoleon.

I am. I am because I have no friends. I just never had the "balls" to get up in front of the entire school and do my dance.

I tried dancing in front of the entire school, but apparently ruined the whole performance because I had to wear glasses. My glasses made all of the Arabian Nights Dancers look bad that evening. I liked my glasses up until that day. I would have continued to wear my glasses shamelessly if it weren't for that girl who asked me if I could try dancing without them.

---------

Not sure where I was going with that.. Maybe, if any of the girls I mentioned earlier were to do their nerdy retarded dances in front of the whole school, they'd be showered with compliments and their mothers would be waiting outside with a bouquet of roses. Must be nice.

I never provided anyone other than my family with my true creative inner genius/entertainer. I knew they wouldn't place too hard of judgments on me if I seemed to be a little "too weird" sometimes.

Maybe that's why God created the family. Just in case your dance doesn't cut it.

----------

I chose this picture because I really wanted to have a silly picture, and well..... maybe only my little sister will be able to fully appreciate it.

No comments: